|Pixellent brings Cross-Referenced Photo Image Search to iPad/iPhone|
|Wednesday, 31 August 2011 12:30|
Pixellent is a multi-source image and video search app for iOS. It searches through the photo services of Google Images, Bing Images, Flickr, Picasa and Photobucket. It searches through the video services of Youtube and DailyMotion. With high DPI image resizing Pixellent provides a seamless photo gallery browsing experience for every iPod, iPhone and iPad screen.
The developers note, "Almost everyone ignores the most basic problem with image browsing on iDevices - your device screen is just too small to display large images that can be found on the Internet with services like Google Images search. Simply trying to load up multi mega-pixel images on your device gives you at best a stuttering browsing experience, and at worst, a crashing app! Our Aspect-Fit Image resizing uses the latest technology frameworks only available in iOS 4.0 and up. It processes images rapidly in the background to give you a crisp pixel-perfect photo that exactly matches your screen, while you continue to browse through the gallery slideshow experience seamlessly."
Features launched in version 1.5:
* Cross Reference searches: Find more photos by the same poster, same photo album or same website or even web page
* Aspect-Fit Image Resizing: Seamless browsing experience over multi megapixel images
* Saved Searches: In-built cataloging of all searches
* Image Preloading: Preloads images in advance, so you don't have to wait for images to finish downloading
* Dedicated search configuration screens for every service: Every supported service has dedicated UI to configure searches for sorting, and searching by author or website where available.
* Download Progress: Watch the progress of download, without wondering whether the image is actually going to download or not.
* Browse and manage downloaded photos
* iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* Universal Application
* 4.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Pixellent is available both as a free download (with in app purchase of pro package) and up-front purchase at $1.99 through the App Store in the Photography category. Traversient always tries to keep Promo codes for reviews / events for Pixellent Pro available, please email Traversient with requests.
Purchase and Download
Traversient is an independently boot-strapped development studio focused on providing the best in utility and social software apps for mass consumption in online marketplaces. Copyright (C) 2011 Traversient Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.