|iExaminer allows fundus photos with iPhone 4|
|Thursday, 18 August 2011 16:10|
With the rise of chronic diseases like diabetes, eye examinations are becoming more important for the proper care and treatment of an aging population. Experts agree that within the next 10 years, there will be 500 million diabetics worldwide. That's 1 billion eyes to scan each year. At the current global rate of one person every 5 seconds going blind due to diabetic retinopathy, eye cancer and other diseases, the need for easier and cheaper fundus photography is on the rise. The iExaminer can be an affordable solution to accessing quality images of the optic nerve and help prevent diabetic blindness with early detection.
* The easiest way to view and photograph the retina and optic nerve.
* The FIRST and ONLY app that allows imaging of the retina using the iPhone4(TM) camera.
* Optimized for use with iExaminer hardware available at iExam.com
* App walks you step by step through the entire eye exam even without the hardware.
* iExaminer adapts iPhone4(TM) to Welch Allyn PanOptic(TM) allowing AMAZING high-resolution fundus photos for ultimate portability.
* Save, print, and send images and exam findings.
The iExaminer system can be used by all medical professionals:
* ER and Acute Care Physicians- iExaminer is the ideal way to get a quick photo of the optic nerve, retina and Anterior Segment using Welch Allyn's PanOptic which is found in most Emergency Departments. Whether you need to document Papilledema, Retinal Detachements, Corneal Ulcers or take photos and send to an Ophthalmologist, the iExaminer is an essential tool in the ER
* Instructors- the iExaminer is the up and coming standard for teaching and performing the fundus exam. You will finally have the ability to show students pathology in real time and review the images for increased quality of learning. Sorry students: the days of faking those eye exams in standardized patient exams are over
* Neurologists- The Retina and Optic Nerve are essentially the portion of the Brain you can see without the use of CT/MRI. Viewing the Optic Nerve is a routine part of the full neuro exam which is traditionally performed with a handheld Ophthalmoscope. The iExaminer, allows you to capture a full set of images of the Optic Nerve through an undilated pupil for documentation and consultation if needed
* For Family Practitioners and Internal Medicine physicians, the iExaminer is a great way to screen for diabetic and/or hypertensive retinopathy, especially in the patient population who may not have access to an Ophthalmologist. Fundus photography and documentation of retina/optic nerve pathology is a reimbursable procedure. Primary care physicians in rural areas will now have the ability to EASILY image the retina and send the images to an Ophthalmologist for telemedicine consultation. The iExaminer will revolutionize Ophthalmic Telemedicine and allow patients access to eye care professionals who otherwise don't have the resources
* The iExaminer will allow Medical Students and Allied Health Care Students to get their first good look at the eye. Because of the technology behind the iExaminer, fundus exams have never been easier. The iExaminer will be as vital a tool in the students lab coat as a stethoscope. Capture amazingly high resolution images of the retina and optic nerve that you can show off to your attending and fellow students
* Before iExaminer, Veterinarians had to use traditional methods to view the anterior segment and retina of dogs, cats and other animals. Now because of our proprietary technology, animal care providers can easily capture images of the eye even in the most uncooperative patients. Better yet, the images captured can be saved, printed and even emailed for further consultation
* iPhone 4
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* 0.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
The iExaminer hardware can be purchased from the iExaminer website for $179.99 plus shipping, and the iExaminer app is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Medical category.
Download from iTunes
Located in Shreveport, Louisiana, Intuitive Medical Technologies was founded by two ophthalmologists who wanted to make fundus photography easier to use. The iExaminer is the brain child of Wyche T. Coleman, M.D. who was trying to simplify the way we perform fundus exams and photography. He brought his idea to Christopher Shelby, M.D. and a few days later, Intuitive Medical Technologies was born. Together, they developed a technology that allows ANYONE to easily image the retina and optic nerve. The iExaminer has received amazing reviews from all medical specialties and allied health professionals. The iExaminer has been tested in a clinical setting and can be used by clinical technicians as well as physicians. It is easy to use and process the photos. The iExaminer takes simultaneous video and high resolution photographs which allows the user to pick the best photos from the imaging session. Those photos, along with clinical data, can be saved, printed and/or emailed. The iExaminer will change the way we view the eye, forever. The iExaminer hardware is patent pending. All rights reserved by Intuitive Medical Technologies, 2011. Copyright (C) 2011 Intuitive Medical Technologies. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.